3.03.2008

empathy...

I'm pretty sure that i'm the most empathetic person i know- i don't mean this in a cocky kinda way...i mean it in a weirdo - i cry all the time kinda way. I have the ability to see someone and whatever emotion it is they are feeling (usually extreme happiness or sadness)and almost the way that Patrick Swayze jumped into Whoopi Goldberg's body....I can feel what they feel...and i tear up....even if they are not, it is intensified for me. But, somehow, everything moves me to tears. Not so much sobbing tears, but the kind where your nose tingles and you know that if you think about it too much you will be sobbing. It's like the nerve that most people have that leads them to tears in me....is the size of my entire right arm (or my left!). Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I guess it could be both? I read once that being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes or being able to feel what you think they are feeling is a highly sophisticated imaginative process...but I haven't always been an imaginative person...I didn't have an imaginary friend as a kid or anything. Actually, I remember for a time in my teens that I prided myself on the fact that I hadn't cried in like a year or three or something. Maybe it's just all caught up with me? Maybe I'm just hormonal!!! hahah Either way, I felt like sharing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...