7.31.2009

It's Home Renovation Time - Part 2


Sorry for the delay in Part 2 of my series on renovating our deck/patio which started months ago, with this post. A few life hiccups slowed me down, but! never fear...I am here today to talk about patio furniture! Whoo hoooo!!

As I mentioned before, our deck is lacking...in a big way! Other than needing to be "spruced up" the main problem is the lack of seating. Really, we've just never had real patio furniture.


For a couple of years we used some hand-me-down stuff that was being thrown out (for good reason). I'm not talking vintage hand-me-downs that I find while out on my adventures...this stuff was going to be tossed, and we didn't have any so we took it. The paint was coming off the metal frame of the table, the cushions were always mildewy and just gross and really just couldn't be saved. One day, David and I heaved it all over the edge of the deck and said adios to it all.
That was about two years ago! haha We've been without furniture for two years!! Just a bare, sad sad deck. SO!! I explain all of that to say.... we are in the process of making the outside more like the inside! We want it to be an extension of our house - not a depressing place with no where no sit.

In my mind (where the weather is a perfect 72 degrees and I can sit outdoors year round), we would have a Saarinen style white tulip table with open wire chairs. I really don't care if they are name brand or knock off, vintage or new...it's just the look that I would prefer. But I can not find ANYONE that makes a plastic or weather proof table in that style. Ikea makes one and CB2 makes one in that style, but neither are suitable for outdoors!
(Ikea's table above)
(Bertoia chairs at DWR)

Bertoia open wire chairs that I would put on the deck with my tulip style table above.


(I also love this patio above...in my dreams....drool)

So, in the coming weeks I will share with you the progress of our deck and hopefully we will be successful at making the outside an extension of the inside.

Enough about my dream patio...how about some reality? Here's a start...I share with you....OUR DECK! Primed and already looking brighter and better!!

(our deck above)

Stay tuned! More to come!!


1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I just dream of a Saarinen tulip table PERIOD!
Lookin' good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...