9.08.2009

What I've been up to...

I guess you could say that I've been a bit of a busy bee lately. Outside of my normal 9-5'er, I've kept myself quite busy with freelance work the past couple of months. Thought it might be time to share just where it is I've been hiding.

A few months ago, I was asked to design a baby shower invite. The details of the day were to include birds and the colors of the baby's room: orange, blue, cream and green.

This was the invite:
Based on the invite, the mom-to-be asked me to create artwork for the baby's room. I was so honored! She gave me free reign to use paint, fabric, paper, etc.
I decided to go with fabric as my medium, and wanted it to be a little three dimensional. It is hard to see in this picture, but the tree is stuffed with batting. It was much harder to do than I anticipated, but overall I was pleased with how it came out, and so were the parents...so that's what mattered!

The artwork:

Next up was a wedding invite for a friend (and neighbor) of the same person who hired me to do the baby shower invite. She was invited to that same baby shower and loved the invite and asked if I could do her wedding invite. For Leigh's wedding, the guidelines were the colors aqua and red, and she liked circular patterns.

I produced these four options:



We went with one of those (#1) for awhile, but ultimately decided it looked like a Native American headdress....so we had to switch gears completely.

This was the end result:


So, needless to say....I'm ready for some time off! Next up on my list of to-do's....making curtains and re-covering the seats of my new (old) dining room chairs. I dug up an old table and chairs from the basement and tossed what we did have in the dining room. I'm looking forward to getting these seats re-covered and finishing the curtains. Photos to come soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...