10.14.2008

vintage display case


So, this past weekend I went to Lewisburg to help clean out the house of a recently deceased family member. He was my father's cousin, and was a sweet sweet man. He was injured when he was younger and never developed mentally past the age of a child. He collected toys of all kinds, and kept the really nice ones in this 50's wood display case. I don't know what the case could have originally been used for, it is filthy but in really good condition...those shelves are brass or some type of metal with a pattern punched into it...and  underneath the shelves is a storage area, accessible from the back via wooden sliding doors. Oh, and it also has a glass top. Like I said, it is really dusty and dirty, but I think it could be a really neat case after I clean it up. The problem is...I don't know what to do with it! It's too big to even fit through our doors in our house...and so wide that it would look odd in any room in our house. My only idea is to either sell it...I just wish I could keep it for myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...