10.10.2010

Slow it down

Dudes, so sorry I've been away so long!  I am happy to say that all of my obligations are caught up and I am back on the blogging train!  We went away to NYC for nearly a week and I can't wait to share all of the new and exciting places we experienced while there...more to come!  I think I'm just going to have to catch up you in reverse order, haha.

This morning, I got up and cleaned the house and then grabbed my wee laptop and the dog and headed over to the coffee shop to catch up on emails, upload photos, etc.  I wanted to sit outside and enjoy the weather, but I still needed to be able to reach the wifi connection and I had ole Gertie the dog, which meant I couldn't sit right in the sun, as she would be hot and drool...the joys of having an old dog....so I just copped a squat right outside on the grass, in the shade!  Who needs fancy tables?


It's funny because I never take the time to just chill and sit outside and enjoy the weather, other than at home on the deck...it was so nice and calming...which was exactly what I needed.  It reminded me of when I was in college and students would just hang out on "the knoll", a grassy open area right outside the student center. It's just nice sometimes to slow down the pace of your life, sit back and just enjoy, which I have to say it foreign to me.  But..speaking of enjoy, while I was trying to document the above picture, I spied something....do you see it too?



I spy FALL!!!  Look at the leaves!!


I must really be feeling nostalgic today, but Fall just makes me so happy.  It makes me think of being a kid, of going back to school shopping, of picking out your Halloween costume...all of it, I love it!  I'm ready for chilly nights, bonfires and s'mores (or the modern day equivalent, the fire pit).  I'm ready to get to wear tights with dresses and sweaters and cords...all of it, bring on the fall!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...