6.06.2007

the great white stag...

I am so excited about this new find!!! David and I shelled out more money than we would have liked, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be totally worth it once we get the deer up on the wall. He's made of iron and painted white and actually needs one more coat to be ready to go up. The only problem that we are running into is that it is a poured mold and somewhat hollow, and doesn't have a lip on the edge for hanging. We took the stag into home depot with us because we knew it would be too difficult to explain our faux mounted deer head to the sales peeps. Everyone that passed by would stop and marvel at what an oddity we had there on the flat bed cart. Some just wanted to see it, but others would ask us to turn it over and try to help us figure out the best method for hanging him. It seems the best idea that we've come up with is to take it to a metalsmith and have them "spot weld" a piece on the back to act as a picture hanger. It looks like it's that or drill through the iron directly into the wall...and I'm not drilling through my stag!!! So, it looks like we need to find someone who will weld. I called a few shops and so far it looks like it will cost around $50 and will be at least two weeks before they can get to us. That's longer than I'd like to wait, and more than I'd like to pay...so any suggestions are welcome!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your white stag!! Its funny I just wrote a thing on my blog a few days ago about my new love for white ceramic animals and your the 3rd person this week ive found with a white animal on their post. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about getting a deer head up on the wall so this might be a silly & impossible suggestion --

but is there ANY way to mount the part the head is mounted on on some kind of similar shaped wood piece and then attach that piece to the wall?

Okay, as I typed that out, it sounds silly and impossible, even to me.

But maybe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...