10.16.2007

I've been gone far too long...

Ok, I'm back! I'm not sure that anyone noticed, but I've been MIA for quite a few months. It seems that someone in corporate land where I work caught on that I (and others) spent too much of our day on blogger sites. So they added all blogs to the list of fun things we can't access at work- youtube, myspace, realtracs, designsponge, etc. Pretty much anything you want to look at while you should be working! BUT!!! I've outsmarted them! No, really I just decided to do my blogging at home like I should be doing. But you know, once you've sat in front of a computer all the live long day while at work, the last thing I want to do is come home and sit in front of another!

Well...onward and upward again. My new venture is that I'm finally letting go of some (most) of my vintage goodies. Not long ago, I posted some of my little artwork doodles on my etsy site. I noticed that some shops on etsy not only sold handmade items, but some sold vintage finds as well. So!! Why not sell both? I'm going to start posting my finds on here first, sometimes they are items that need a little love- those are my favorite kind. I love to bring it home and make it new and pretty again, whether it be a new coat of paint or stain, or new hardware, or just a little washing will help most things. Also, I love love love vintage textiles. I hoard them!! Every now and then, I will share my fabric finds. Hopefully, I will get back to sewing soon. My plan is to use the vintage fabrics in my new designs. We'll see. I'm really good at coming up the ideas..it's just the execution part that always gets me.

Last but not least, I am soon to be the proud owner of a print gocco. I am beyond excited about this..every day I send David a new link of something that I want to create using my gocco. I guess that means I should order some extra supplies as well! ha.

2 comments:

lisamarie said...

holy cow. your own gocco? how did you score that?? i can't wait to see some gocco prints from sweet lil carolyn!

Panda Parables said...

hooray for gocco! i did some research on them not too long back & i would love to get one too. someday...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...