1.10.2008

new designs...

I had another pretty good day today, despite the horrible weather including tornado warnings! I was able to get a little bit of design work in including the doily inspired piece above. The original plan was to gocco it, but it's ended up being rather large (gocco will only print about a 5x7) and would take three to four screens to gocco, so I guess I won't go that route. I'm pretty happy with the way it has turned out and I guess I could always just alter it in Photoshop if I want it to be different colors. Whatever.
Speaking of design....I got my first check in the mail today from a local art gallery! I opened it and seriously threw my arms up and said, "Yessssss!". I even made myself laugh after that action. I had sold a little bit of everything that is also avalible in my etsy shop, but for the most part it was the little owls that added up! It felt good to have a little reward for some hard work, and serves as motivation to keep it up!!

I was also able to get some pics of new vintage items and hosted my own little photo shoot here at the house. Like I said before, the weather was not cooperating, so I didn't have good lighting and was forced to use the flash on most shots. Here are a few that will be up in the etsy shop soon:

1 comment:

Josh said...

As someone who received one of your owl prints as a gift for Christmas, I wanted to encourage you to keep at it. We are happy to hang the print in our house as soon as we can get it framed properly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...