11.11.2008

A little late....

but I thought I would share my Halloween costume...as usual, it all comes together on the day of. That's my favorite part of Halloween, the scrambling to get all your items together and then having friends stop by because they need to borrow this part or that...it's like we're on a reality TV show where you only have 1 hr to complete the challenge! haha

This year, I went as little red riding hood...this was my inspiration.It is from the WPA archives via the Library of Congress...I have the actual image saved somewhere, but this is the one I cleaned up and had thought of using for a card or something. I'll do another post on the WPA at another time....it's pretty neat stuff.
Also influencing my costume this year was this post that you may remember from not that long ago. I found some animal masks on ebay that i was a little obsessed with and as usual, I messed around and didn't order it in time for Halloween. The day before we were to attend a costume party, David and I happened into Performance Costume downtown...and whadda ya know they were selling?!?! The animal masks! I ended up with the fox, David wore the monkey (which we spraypainted to look more like an ape) and Jessica wore the sheep(which reminds me, jess you still owe me!!). I loved all of them, they were so whimsical and creepy all at once!

2 comments:

Panda Parables said...

the costume looks great! glad to finally see a picture of it!

Unknown said...

Gorilla der von Soho, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...